Friday, January 15, 2021

1/15/21 - THE CHISEL - COME SEE ME / NOT THE ONLY ONE EP OUT NOW!!

 


Hey there folks,

Kicking off 2021 with North American pressing of this absolute shit kicker of a single, compliments of London's own THE CHISEL! Let's not waste another second and get right down to it:

"Chisel this, Chisel that" -- it's on my phone, it's on my hard drives, it's on my turntable, it's on my t-shirt, it's on my instagram, it's on my blogspot, it's tattooed on my forehead, my own parents renewed their wedding vows to "Rat Runnin Scared." I pressed stop. I unplugged my headphones, turned down the volume, and snapped that god forsaken single in HALF. Enough was enough! But see me, yeah. Once the music stopped only one thought rang through my head: What Have I Done? Where once there was explosive energy there was now a void. Lucky for me, the 5 loveable lads from Blackpool, Croydon, Acton, Chingford, and Guildford KEPT IT MOVIN, and just when I thought all was lost they brought me back in. Three more blasts of full fat extra saturated deep fried limb swinging confrontational uplifting chisel chiselling punk for that special space in your life. Enough said? No. Cos they've done it again."

-Jonah Falco, 2020

There are 150 copies on red vinyl for mailorder. 99% of them were sold via Bandcamp preorder last month BUT I have a few extra that will be up in the Big Cartel while they last!

You can purchase it here and stream it here.

Available in the UK / EU from La Vida Es Un Mus.
Available in Japan from Blackhole.

So the plan was to have the repress of the PUBLIC ACID - CONDEMNATION EP ready alongside this buuuuuut as the saying goes when man makes plans Dog laughs, or something... long story short the center labels took twice as long as they usually take and then FedEx lost said center labels in the post holiday shipping vortex, hence delaying said repress til the plant does their next cycle of 7" pressing. With that said, if you preordered through Bandcamp fret not - I will get your records out as soon as humanly possible! Hoping to scoop these from the plant mid-late February, stay tuned!

Distro update: snag that MISANTHROPIC MINDS 7" while ya can!!! Absolute ripper! Beyond that, should have some MIRROR 7"s (members of IMPALERS, VAASKA, etc) in the coming days, keep your eyes peeled for those! 

That about does it for now! Here's a look at what's next on the Beach Impediment Label...

PSICO GALERA 12"
MUJERES PODRIDAS 12"
CANAL IRREAL 12"
LONG KNIFE 12"
BEEX Early singles 12"
WHITE CROSS Discography 2x12"

+ loads more in the works

Hope you're all continuing to say safe,
-B.I.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment